HIGHLIGHTS OF FSAPS PRE-K PROGRAM
- Academically focused Pre-K program in a nurturing environment
- A rigorous early learning differentiated curriculum
- Competitive admission criteria
- Small class size providing individual attention
- Teachers dedicated to helping your child excel socially and academically
- Weekly Art, Music, Computer, Robotics and Physical Education classes from Specialized and Certified Teachers in fully equipped classes
- Enrichment activities such as field trips, guest speakers, and family events
- Daily foreign language classes
- Fully equipped playground and gym for recess
- Extended school day between 7:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Daily After School Clubs between 2:40 and 3:10 pm
- After School Care is available till 6:00 pm
- ESGI assessment data tool
The Pre-K program at Fulton Science Academy is an academically centered program set in a nurturing and loving classroom environment. At FSAPS we have a rigorous early learning curriculum and also focus on the development of your child in self-help skills to establish school readiness and help students prepare to excel socially and academically. We provide small class sizes and individualized attention with differentiated lessons. Enthusiastic and experienced certified teachers lead the classes and a full-time counselor is on staff to ensure students thrive in all areas of development.
Students in our Pre-K program will engage in purposefully planned learning experiences and develop academically, socially and emotionally. The Pre-K day is full of books, songs, stories, conversations, critical thinking and cooperative learning. We provide the opportunity to grow, learn and play in an environment conducive to strengthen academic growth.
We will develop foundational skills in core subject matter such as math, science and reading through a variety of large/small group interactions as well as independently. Students will also develop skills in art, social studies, music and social/emotional development through purposeful play and cooperative learning.
Our curriculum is Open the World Of Learning (O.W.L.) by Pearson.
Pre-K uses the Department of Early Care and Learning’s Content Standards for Pre-K. We also integrate other instructional strategies to help our littlest ones learn through movement, song and play. We use Heidi Songs to teach Dolch Sight words and add to our word wall weekly. We use math manipulatives and interactive Promethean board learning games to enhance the skills being taught. We incorporate academic vocabulary, hands-on learning centers and reading and writing across the curriculum. We lead a structured academic day and practice reinforcing adeptness throughout the school year.
To assure that we meet the needs of each student and that they have the opportunity to meet their full potential, we assess the students throughout the year. Assessments will be a series of benchmark tests given throughout the school year provided by the O.W.L curriculum. We use the ESGI assessment data tool and additional assessments will include anecdotal notes, observation checklists and work samples kept in student portfolios.