Dear Fulton Science Academy Families,
We are looking forward to this upcoming school year at Fulton Science Academy. We want to welcome all of our new families to our community, and we can’t wait to see everyone during orientation on August 4th and, on the first day of school on August 8th!
One of the changes that we are making for the 2016-17 school year is our name. When Fulton Science Academy originally opened as a public charter school, a 501c3 was established and named the Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO). As our school has evolved so has this group. Our new name going forward will be the Mustang Support Organization (MSO).
This new name is a better reflection of who we are and what our mission is at Fulton Science Academy. The Mustang Support Organization (MSO) is all of you. It is the students, parents, teachers, staff, administration and all of us working together to make Fulton Science Academy one of the premier schools in the Southeast.
So what exactly does the Mustang Support Organization do?
We organize and sponsor activities throughout the school year that not only enhances our academic goals but also balances out the need for social activities, community involvement, teacher support, and facility improvement.
Who is in the Mustang Support Organization?
YOU! Every student, staff, and family member make up the MSO. We have an elected MSO Board that includes a President, Vice Presidents, Secretary & Treasurer. All of these board members meet monthly with our Administration Liaison, Mr. Turan and Teacher Liaison, Mrs. Sanders. If you are interested in serving as a member of the board, please let us know!
What is the mandatory Activity Fee?
The Activity Fee is $100 per student paid directly to the Mustang Support Organization. Currently, we are a 501c3 that is separate from the Fulton Science Academy Private School 501c3. This is why the fee is paid directly to the parent organization and not to FSA. The $100 Activity Fee is clearly listed on the FSA website tuition cost list as part of the payment due to attend FSA. THE ACTIVITY FEE IS A MANDATORY FEE FOR ALL STUDENTS. If you are receiving financial aid or have some other type of hardship, please speak with Mr. Sener to receive a waiver for this fee.
How and when do I pay my Activity Fee?
The activity fee is due no later than September 1st. We need to collect all activity fees at the beginning of the academic year so that we can properly plan our budget and activities. You may click on the link below to pay your fee(s) via PayPal. Or you may also, pay with cash, check or credit card during orientation. However, we would strongly recommend using the convenient link and save yourself some time and one less line on Orientation Day. Families who have not paid by September 1st will start receiving reminders until the fee for each student in their household is paid in full.
ACTIVITIES ORGANIZED AND FUNDED IN 2015-2016 BY THE PVO/MSO
- Cyber Safety Assembly Speakers for Students & Parents
- Earth Day Activities
- Room Parent Organization
- Pi Day Pizza Party and Activities
- Monthly Teacher & Staff Luncheons
- Red Ribbon Week – Drug-Free Awareness Week
- STEAM Day – All day age appropriate activities for the entire school
- Scholastic Book Fair – Proceeds are used to purchase books for our media center
- Spirit Wear Design & Sales
- Personalized Uniform Monogramming Program
- Snowballs for PE Classes
- Environmental Awareness
- Rivers Alive Community Clean-Up Event
- Blessings in a Backpack Fundraiser at DaVinci Donuts with the World’s Tallest Man
- Road to College Event
- Staff Holiday Gifts
- Lunchroom Assistance
- Cultural Cafe Luncheon, Performances & Bazaar
- Thanksgiving Dinner, Performances, Activities & Gift Shops
- Holiday & Special Event Decorations throughout the year
- Decorative Painting throughout the school by Artist and Parent Juliet Sukkert
- Teacher Door Nameplates
- Roswell Youth Day Parade – Award Winning Group in 2015!
- Several Speakers specializing in Gifted Children
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities, Gifts & Food
- 8th Grade Dance
- 8th Grade Graduation & Ice Cream Sundae Social
- Kindergarten Graduation
- Valentine’s Day Dance with DJ
- And everyone’s favorite LAST BLAST SPLASH which included a pizza party, snow-cones, water slides, water balloons, dunk tank, bubbles, games and so much more!
Why is the Activity Fee Mandatory?
When my student started at FSA, it was $25 and voluntary. As our school has grown, so have the opportunities offered to our students. Two years ago the fee was increased to $100 and was voluntary. Last year it became mandatory; however, there was some confusion with some families who believed that it was still voluntary. This year, it is mandatory for every student. Every student has the opportunity to participate and receives benefits from all of the activities listed above. It would not be fair if only a few families paid the cost for everyone and without everyone paying their fair share, we would have to eliminate many of these programs which would affect the quality of our school environment.
Throughout the year, we will have many opportunities for you to volunteer and participate at Fulton Science Academy. We look forward to working with all of you that have helped in the past and encourage our new families to get involved too! If you ever have any questions, concerns or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser to pay your student’s Activity Fee.