What is the Mustang Support Organization (MSO)?
The Mustang Support Organization is a parent driven, non-profit, volunteer organization that was established to support the students, faculty and administration of Fulton Science Academy Private School (FSAPS). The goal of the organization is to build community, involve parents, and enrich the campus life and overall student experience.
Who are the members of the Mustang Support Organization?
The MSO is comprised of every student, parent, faculty and staff member of FSAPS. There is an elected board of volunteers that include 2 co-presidents, a vice president of Membership & Fundraising, a Secretary, and a Treasurer. The board also has appointed directors overseeing Room Parents, Technology and Activities. The board members meet monthly with the Administration Liaison, Mr. Turan, and the Teacher Liaison, Mrs. Sanders. If you are interested in serving as a member of the board or interested in getting involved, please contact the MSO via e-mail or Facebook.
What is the mandatory Activity Fee?
The mandatory activity fee is $100 per student. The fee contributes to a wide variety of activities sponsored by the MSO and designed to enrich your child’s education and experience at FSAPS. Examples include Red Ribbon Week activities, STEAM Day educational enrichment, and the popular Last Blast Carnival (see the full list of activities below).
The fee should be paid directly to the Mustang Support Organization and not to FSAPS, as these are two separate legal entities. The activity fee is mandatory for all students, however, if you are receiving financial aid or have a financial hardship, please speak with Mr. Sener to request a waiver of this fee.
Why is the Activity Fee Mandatory?
Every student has the opportunity to participate and receive benefits from all of the activities sponsored by the MSO. It would not be fair if only a few families paid the cost for everyone, nor is it feasible. Without collecting fees for each child, the MSO would be forced to eliminate many of the programs, which would affect the quality of your child’s school enrichment experience.
How and when do I pay the Activity Fee?
The activity fee is due no later than September 1st. All activity fees are collected at the beginning of the academic year in order to properly plan the MSO budget and activities. The recommended way to pay the fees is online, by clicking the link below. You may also pay with cash, check or credit card during orientation. We strongly recommend, however, using the convenient link in order to save yourself some time and to prevent standing in one less line on orientation day.
What activities are organized and funded by the MSO?
- Cyber Safety Assembly Speakers for Students & Parents
- Earth Day Activities
- Room Parent Organization
- Pi Day Pizza Party and Activities
- Monthly Teacher & Staff Luncheons
- Red Ribbon Week – Drug-Free Awareness Week
- STEAM Day – All day, age appropriate activities for the entire school
- Book Fairs – Proceeds are used to purchase books for our media center
- Spirit Wear Design & Sales
- Personalized Uniform Monogramming Program
- Snowballs for PE Classes
- Environmental Awareness
- Rivers Alive Community Clean-Up Event
- Blessings in a Backpack Fundraiser
- Road to College Event
- Staff Holiday Gifts
- Lunchroom Assistance
- Cultural Cafe Luncheon, Performances & Bazaar
- Thanksgiving Dinner, Performances, Activities & Gift Shops
- Holiday & Special Event Decorations throughout the year
- Decorations throughout the school
- Teacher Door Nameplates
- Roswell Youth Day Parade
- Several Speakers specializing in Gifted Children and other pertinent topics
- Teacher Appreciation Week Activities, Gifts & Food
- 8th Grade Dance
- 8th Grade Graduation & Ice Cream Sundae Social
- Kindergarten Graduation
- Valentine’s Day Dance with DJ
- And everyone’s favorite LAST BLAST SPLASH which includes a pizza party, snow-cones, water slides, water balloons, dunk tank, bubbles, games and so much more!
How can I get more involved with the MSO?
Throughout this year, we will have many opportunities for you to volunteer and participate at Fulton Science Academy. There is a section on the membership form to volunteer for many of our events. Additionally, we will keep you updated via email and Facebook about all the activities and opportunities to volunteer.
We look forward to working with those that have helped in the past and encourage our new families to get involved too! If you ever have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail or Facebook.