FULTON SCIENCE ACADEMY PRIVATE SCHOOL
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INFORMATION
Fulton Science Academy Private School (FSAPS) recognizes that financing an independent school education is a major commitment for families. FSAPS works with the Apogee Scholarship Program (ASP) to provide an opportunity for students who are transferring from a Georgia public school to attend FSAPS who otherwise may not be able to attend.
The deadline to apply for financial aid is March 15th of each school year.
- Financial Assistance from the Apogee Scholarship Program (State Tax Credit Scholarship Program) is solely based on need.
- Students entering grades 2 – 12 must have attended a Georgia public school immediately prior to FSAPS.
- The Financial Assistance Committee will determine the amount of the award based on the amount of available funds, the number of applicants requesting assistance, and the need demonstrated by the applicant’s family.
- The Financial Aid Committee convenes in early April to review the requests and determine if a financial assistance award will be granted, and what amount the award may be.
- New students must meet all admission criteria and have received an official admission notification of acceptance prior to consideration of a request for financial assistance for the upcoming school y
- The completion of the financial assistance application is not a binding agreement that assistance is available or will be granted.
- All financial assistance applicants must complete a FSAPS Financial Aid Application and provide tax records to verify eligibility.
- FSAPS admission office will distribute, process, and maintain the records for all financial assistance materials. Communication between the applicant’s family and other FSAPS staff regarding financial assistance awards is prohibited.
- In addition to the FSAPS Financial Aid Application, applicants may also provide supplemental documentation to clearly demonstrate the need for assistance.
- ASP financial assistance awards range from $1 to a maximum award of 80% tuition assistance per year to any one student through the ASP funds. Any award amount will be applied to the tuition for the academic year it is awarded and remaining tuition due will be divided into monthly payments from May to January.
- ASP recipients must re-apply each year and prove eligibility to receive financial assistance each year through financial aid application and tax record evaluations. ASP assistance awards are not guaranteed to be given each year, nor are the amounts guaranteed to be given.
- If an ASP assistance recipient withdraws, the ASP funds are reallocated to the ASP fund to be distributed at the discretion of the Financial Assistance Committee to another qualified applicant. Funds are not transferable. If a withdrawal is submitted after the school year begins, the funds returned to ASP are prorated and the account balance is based on the prorated ASP award applied to the account balance.
- FSAPS Financial Aid Application must be completed online through Smart Aid. The link to the FSA Smart Aid Application form is located below.
- All necessary supplemental documentation indicated in FSAPS Financial Aid Application must be provided.