Six Flags – Read to Succeed Program
If your child is in kindergarten through 6th grade, they are invited to participate in Six Flags’ Read to Succeed Program! It is a fun incentive to get kids to read. Students need to record and log their reading over the next few months. If they submit a log with 6 hours of reading on it by Wednesday, February 24, 2016, they will receive one free ticket to Six Flags Over Georgia!
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Only students in grades K through 6 are eligible to participate
- Review the reading log provided by your child’s language arts teacher. Your child should use this sheet to record what and how long he/she reads
- Your child must complete 6 hours (360 minutes) of recreational reading
- Please initial each entry and then sign the reading log to verify that the 6 hours of reading has been completed
- Your child can read books, magazines, newspapers, or comic books (digital or hard copy). Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count!
- Students can read silently, aloud, or with an adult – you can read to your child, or your child can read to you.
- Remind your child to return the reading log to his/her language arts teacher by Wednesday, February 24, 2016. Your child’s teacher will submit your child’s information and minutes read.
- Late entries will NOT be accepted